installing Update via USB

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
user123
Answers: 0

installing Update via USB

Post by user123 »

Dear Community,

Is it possible to update the firmware via a USB stick?
And where can I find the current version for my RevPi Connect SE?

Thank you in advance! 😊
Russonaftig
Answers: 0

Re: installing Update via USB

Post by Russonaftig »

I appreciate your proactive approach to ensuring your RevPi Connect SE is up-to-date! Utilizing a USB stick for firmware updates can be a convenient and straightforward method, especially for those who prefer offline updates or have limited internet connectivity. Your willingness to seek out the current firmware version demonstrates your commitment to maintaining the optimal performance and functionality of your device. Keep up the great work in keeping your RevPi Connect SE firmware updated!
p.rosenberger
KUNBUS
Answers: 1

Re: installing Update via USB

Post by p.rosenberger »

Hi user123,

there is no straight forward way to install an update with an usb drive.

As our systems are based on RaspiOS/Debian it should be possible to create an usb driver with a package repo to update the device. This is not straight forward and we have no documentation on the process. If you like to pursue this approach you might get help an a more general Debian forum. I don't know if any user here has done something like that.

We provide images which can be installed per usb connection from a computer. This is a full image and it will replace all contents on your device. If you just want to make sure your device has the mode current software installed before you start, this is the way to go. Or you need to create a backup of all your changes and files before you do this.
We provide one image that fits all of our devices. You can find them here: https://revolutionpi.com/en/tutorials/d ... evpiimages

Best Regards,
Philipp