RevPi Core3 does not boot

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
tgy
Answers: 0

RevPi Core3 does not boot

Post by tgy »

Hi,

I have a RevPi Core3 for a few years now (purchased in 2018) and used very occasionally only for testing purposes - to test code for a production environment. After a while being not used I wanted to re-image but after a seemingly successful imaging the Core does not boot up, no sign of life on an HDMI monitor, no network activity, nothing visible.

I followed the guide here: https://revolutionpi.com/tutorials/imag ... nd-stretch with no further success, however I did it in the past a few times with no issues. In parallel another Core3+ works fine with the same method.
I've tried on a Windows laptop and Mac, with the same result, no boot. Power LED is constant green and A1 LED is "half-bright" constant red, which I guess is not a good sign.

Any idea how to proceed?

Best
Tamas
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: RevPi Core3 does not boot

Post by u.biakoup »

Hi tgy,
firstly, I appreciate the detailed information you've provided regarding the problem you're encountering. It seems like you've followed the steps outlined in our online Guide, but unfortunately, the device is not showing any signs of life after a seemingly successful imaging process.

Considering the power LED is constant green and the A1 LED is "half-bright" constant red, it indeed indicates an unusual behavior. To further troubleshoot, I recommend the Revolution Pi checklist once again. Please ensure that you've covered all the steps meticulously.

If, after rechecking the checklist and these additional steps, the problem persists, it could indicate a hardware issue.
If you have any further questions or if the issue persists, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
tgy
Answers: 0

Re: RevPi Core3 does not boot

Post by tgy »

Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your quick response, I'll go through the attached checklist again and get back here soon with the results.

Best
Tamas