RevPi Connect+ not booting

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
TheMule
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect+ not booting

Post by TheMule »

Hi!
I have an issue similar to this one viewtopic.php?t=4071

Full summary follows. HW is a Connect+, 32GB version.

The Connect+ is new. First thing, I performed a backup of the image using rpiboot under Linux. Power off, disconnect the USB cable, power on, I managed to connect both via ssh and web, even configuring a DI module. All seemed fine, all leds green. piTest -d output was ok.

The day after, the RevPi still sitting on my desktop, it won't boot. The ethernet port shows no lights (cable is still attached to the switch, which is on, I see green on other ports). Power, WD and REL leds on the Connect+ are green. HDMI port sends no signal (it worked the day before). There's a flashing power led red on the DI. Notice that if I connect the usb cable and run rpiboot, it connects and mounts boot and root just fine. I tried a new image to no avail. I restored the copy of the original image, no go. I tried a new image, this time following the procedure, on Windows, verbatim, no good.

I tried disconnecting the DI module, the Connect+ alone won't boot, won't turn either the eth port or the HDMI on (tried both a PC monitor and a 7" LCD display). I tried removing the jumper that disables WD. Nothing changes.

BTW, the whole procedure and the setup (including power supply) has already been used to configure two Cores and another Connect+ in the past, not to mention the very same device appeared to be working fine the day prior.

It looks like it doesn't boot. Or maybe it goes into "USB mode" even if there's no cable in the micro usb port. It seems stuck waiting for someone to connect a USB cable with a running rpiboot on the other side.

My question: is there anything else I can do to debug the problem? The Connect+ seems to be working fine when connected to rpiboot, so it's not like it's bricked or anything.
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: RevPi Connect+ not booting

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello TheMule,
It appears that you have already taken all necessary steps to address the issue. It is likely that there is a problem with the unit itself. I recommend contacting the seller to initiate a claim.

Best Regards,

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support