Ethernet pings but I lose Modbus TCP and Admin login

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
zachbtek
Answers: 0

Ethernet pings but I lose Modbus TCP and Admin login

Post by zachbtek »

Hello,

I could really use some help. I have installed about 15+ RevPi Cores/Connects out in the field and I have a persistent problem that all of my units seem to exhibit. I use pictory with the modbus tcp master/slave virtual modules and node-red. It's easy to set up, and easy to program via node-red.

However, all of my units have this weird issue that seems to happen randomly... I can ping them on the network, and I can see all of the units via angry ip scanner, but I cannot connect to the units admin web interface, I can't login to the :1880 node-red interface, they drop their modbus tcp communications, etc. And they will do this for a few hours up to a day or two, then they just start to work again.

I'm really confused ??? Can someone help please?

I have all units running buster 2.0.1
And I don't do any 'sudo apt-get updates' or anything. I just open them out of packaging, flash to buster 2.0.1, do some simple programming and send them out of my shop...

I need an adult! Hah.
zachbtek
Answers: 0

Re: Ethernet pings but I lose Modbus TCP and Admin login

Post by zachbtek »

Hmm.. I may have found the problem. I noticed at each site that the RevPi's were exhibiting this odd ethernet behavior, the shield of the cat6 cable was grounded on both ends. So I removed the additional shield from the earth ground and the RevPi's seem to be functioning properly now.

I'm dumb...

Anyway, I love my RevPi's! What a great product.