Issue - Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS V1.4.0.0

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
gcr
Answers: 0

Issue - Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS V1.4.0.0

Post by gcr »

Hello,

I´m working with the new RevPi Connect 4. I´ve the Codesys Control for Linux ARM SL runtime installed in the RevPi and everything is working fine. However, now I need to add a DIO module to the RevPI. The issue is that when I add the devices I get the errors shown in this image.
REVPI_Codesys_Library_Issue.PNG
REVPI_Codesys_Library_Issue.PNG (253.44 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
REVPI_Codesys_Library_Issue1.PNG
REVPI_Codesys_Library_Issue1.PNG (190.21 KiB) Viewed 2810 times
Since this errors come from the Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS V1.4.0.0 library I´m not able to not find a way to fix them. The library I installed was downloaded from your website and its the latest version available. I cant use the V1.3 because it does not have the RevPi4. How can I fix this issue?
Amar
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Issue - Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS V1.4.0.0

Post by Amar »

Try creating a new Connect 4 project with CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL V4.8.0.0 and CODESYS Development System V3.5.19.0

In libarry manager remove any previous references to libarry KunbusIoDrvRevPiBridge, 1.3.0.0 (Kunbus GmbH)

codesys.png
codesys.png (134.98 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
Regards, Amar
KUNBUS
gcr
Answers: 0

Post by gcr »

Hi Amar,

Thanks for your response.

I have the CODESYS Control for Linux ARM SL installed in the RevPI 4 intentionally because I have other applications running on the RevPI that need a 64 bit image and the CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL its only supported for the 32 bit image of the Raspberry Pi OS.

Therefore, I need to use the CODESYS Control for Linux ARM SL runtime. It seems like currently its not possible to use the Revolution Pi Library for CODESYS with this runtime because of these errors with FB_WriteConnectorOutputs and FB_ReadConnectorOutputs. Was wondering if there is a way around this errors. Like getting a modified library without these two FBs since I´m not using them?

Thanks
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi gcr, there is currently no support for 64bit CODESYS Control runtime on Connect 4. Therefore, CODESYS Control for Linux ARM SL is not supported as of now. You can use 32 bit CODESYS control for Raspberry Pi MC SL on Connect 4 32 bit Bullseye image.