On the rev pi web login page, the checkbox to disable reset password seems to be invisible

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
matthewh
Answers: 1

On the rev pi web login page, the checkbox to disable reset password seems to be invisible

Post by matthewh »

Hi,
I have notes from previously setting up a Revolution Pi that suggest that when you change the password for the web admin user, there should be a checkbox to disable the "Reset Password to Default" option. Now I can not find this option. The web page version string says 2.0.5 from 2020.

I have hunted around and I can see the checkbox is included in the html source, but marked with display:none. It seems this prevents the jquery .show() method from showing it (?). I have experimented with editing the data/login.json file to set removeResetPW to true, but that doesn't seem to remove it either. I can't tell from the source why not, my javascript skills are not good enough.

What is going on with this option? Is it still possible to remove the reset password link?
matthewh
Answers: 1

Re: On the rev pi web login page, the checkbox to disable reset password seems to be invisible

Post by matthewh »

I have just done "sudo apt upgrade" and this has updated the web page to 2.1.0, and the problem is resolved.