Profinet Gateway with Codesys IO-Controller: How to Access Acyclic Data (Records)

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
flk
Answers: 0

Profinet Gateway with Codesys IO-Controller: How to Access Acyclic Data (Records)

Post by flk »

Hi,

I am using a RevPi Core S and the Profinet IRT gateway. My IO controller ("Profinet master") is provided by Codesys Control Win V3 in order to set up a testing environment.
While using the 320 bytes of cyclic data is working (e.g. the 320 input bytes can be accessed by "data_GW AT %QB0: ARRAY[0..319] OF BYTE;" using structured text or can be set/read using piTest), I could not manage to access the remaining 192 bytes of acyclic data (both for input and output).

While the manual https://www.kunbus.de/files/media/bedie ... ofinet.pdf provides some notes regarding acyclic data in section 5.4, I do not get how to write acyclic data to the Gateway input using structured text.

Furthermore, I do not get how send acyclic data from the Gateway to the IO controller. Using e.g. "piTest -w Input__333,10" does not work as "piTest -r Input__333,10" still returns 0.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thank you very much in advance.

Florian
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: Profinet Gateway with Codesys IO-Controller: How to Access Acyclic Data (Records)

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello Florian,

The inputs/outputs 321-512 of the Profinet gateway cannot be addressed via a connection with an IO controller on this device. A change in the GSD file would not work because the configuration for this device is fixed.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
flk

Re: Profinet Gateway with Codesys IO-Controller: How to Access Acyclic Data (Records)

Post by flk »

Dear Ulrich,

Thank you very much for your reply. How can I access and set these 192 bytes of input and output then? The user manual states: "This access type is useful for all events that do not
have to be repeated regularly (e.g. sending parameter data in the start-up phase)". Can the acyclic bytes be used with the RevPi or are they only useful if a second gateway is involved?

Or simply asked: who can be the receiver of the 192 acyclic output bytes and who can set the 192 acyclic input bytes?

Thank you very much for your support

Florian
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

Dear Florian

The Wireshark recording ReadFromInput shows how the first two and the last two bytes of the input data range are read acyclically by the controller when the connection is established. The Wireshark recording ReadFromWriteToOutput shows how the first two bytes of the output data range are written and read acyclically. An offset of 0x1000 must be added for the output data range.

To have the both capture refer to your Ticket SUP-5479
Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
flk

Post by flk »

Dear Ulrich,

Thank you very much for your explanations and the Wireshark screenshots.

Kind regards,
Florian
flk

Post by flk »

Dear Ulrich,

what is the reason for
The inputs/outputs 321-512 of the Profinet gateway cannot be addressed via a connection with an IO controller on this device.
?

Shouldn't it be possible to write records using CommFB.WRREC and read records using CommFB.RDREC, see https://help.codesys.com/webapp/oxvisIu ... n=3.5.17.0?
Using API 0, Slot 0, Subslot 1 and Index 0x10A0–0x10FF, Input__321–512 of the gateway should be writable. With Index 0x00A0–0x00FF, Output 321–512 of the gateway should be readable from the IO controller.

Thank you very much for the enlighting discussion.

Florian