CODESYS - DI configuration via CODESYS not working

hrco86
Answers: 0

CODESYS - DI configuration via CODESYS not working

Post by hrco86 »

Dear Dirk

I tried seeting up DI modules with Connect+ using Codesys following your guide. Configurtion is done and test code is successfully built and downloaded on device.

After running the code I get Status-Byte RevPiStatus= 3 (meaning: An I/O module takes up more or less bytes in the process image than specified in the PiCtory configuration. This can happen if the version of the configuration file or the device description files used does not match the firmware in the I/O module. Get an update of PiCtory.)
Also, Power LED lamp on DI modules is RED.

After I do configuration via Pictory (defining connec+ and 2 DI modules),and Save as Start Config + Reset Driver everything comes to normal.

As I understood from tutorials and forum on link https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/KS/pages
"It seems to me that Codesys overwrites the configuration of PiCtory is that right?
Yes, that's right. If you use Codesys, this is the leading system."

everything should be working normally when configuring via CODESYS as it should overwrite Pictory configuration but seems it doesnt.

What did I do wrong?
hrco86

Re: CODESYS - DI configuration via CODESYS not working

Post by hrco86 »

UPDATE: tried with another device, same behaviour. It seems that shutdown of device (lost of power supply) results in lost PiCtoryConfiguration after which CODESYS doest refresh data (like it is disconected from DI) . After manually setting the Pictory setup and resetting the driver: codesys program starts working normally- fetching data on DI.

Versions of Codesys: Codesys v3.5 SP18 Patch 3+ (32 bit)
Version of runtime on Rev Pi COnnect+ w Codesys:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-==============================================================================================
ii codesyscontrol 4.4.0.0 armhf codesyscontrol based on SDK 3.5.17.30 , from Thu Feb 24 10:51:46 CET 2022 [116], Release build

Version of Edge Linux:
Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold
| Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
|/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
||/ Name Version Architecture Description
+++-==============-============-============-============================================================================================
ii codesysedge 4.6.0.0 armhf codesysedge based on SDK 3.5.18.30 , from Wed Oct 26 12:11:33 CEST 2022 [135], Release build
Attachments
RPI_Code_PiCtory.PNG
RPI_Code_PiCtory.PNG (241.34 KiB) Viewed 4568 times
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi,

You're using Versions of Codesys: Codesys v3.5 SP18 Patch 3+ (32 bit) which is not supported yet (see release notes). Please try again with sp17.

Best regards
Nicolai
hrco86

Post by hrco86 »

Thank you. Shall I also change "Revolupion Pi Library for CODESYS" from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.0.0?
Is this compativle with CODESYS v3.5. SP17.
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello hrco86,

don't change "Revolupion Pi Library for CODESYS" from 1.2.1.0 to 1.2.0.0. The 1.2.1.0 version is also compatible.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
hrco86

Post by hrco86 »

thank you - this helped to solve problem.
hrco86

Post by hrco86 »

Dear Sir,

how can we get free memory status for RAM and emmC(flash) for Rev Pi Connect+ device via COdesys?

Also what does Core_Frequency data from RevPi Connect device internal registers mean? We get value of 60 decimal.
u.biakoup
KUNBUS

Post by u.biakoup »

Dear hrco86,
the Core_frequency of 60 decimal is returned by PiControl. This means that you have changed settings on the unit that you probably should not change. Therefore, the CPU is only running at reduced power, which means that piControl can no longer work properly and many exciting problems will occur. So 60 is 600 MHz, which should normally be 120 (1,2 Ghz) decimal on a Revpi connect or core.

Direct access API to get memory status of RAM adn emmC is not available in Codesys. This could be perhaps done through running python scripts from codesys. More information and help on this could be found in Codesys forum.https://help.codesys.com/api-content/2/ ... rst_steps/

Best Regards

hrco86

Post by hrco86 »

Dear Ulrich,

thank you..

Regarding the Core_Frequency - I m not sure which settign did I change to get this?
Do you know how to undo this?

Best regards
Hrvoje
u.biakoup
KUNBUS

Post by u.biakoup »

Dear Hrvoje,
What I can recommand you is to re-flash the RevPi or use the Buster-lite Image.

Best Regards