Revpi Connect+ Ethernet Port

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
fiqamiza
Answers: 0

Revpi Connect+ Ethernet Port

Post by fiqamiza »

Hi! I'm using Revpi Connect+ 32GB. I'm facing a few problems which are:
1. I'm trying to use both of the ethernet ports, one port is connected to my router while the other one is to remote the revpi using my laptop. I've tried to do so, but the problem I'm having is it only can be ping if only one port is connected. When I used both ports, one of the IP addresses will fail to ping. Is it possible to used both ethernet ports at one time? If yes, how to?

2. I've also tried to ping the port that is connected with my laptop, from my laptop the IP address can be ping and I can access the node-red and revpi login, which means it is connected. But I tried to ping from the monitor that connected with my revpi, but it failed to ping. Why is it? Because I think it is supposedly can be ping cause its already connected and I can access the revpi's node-red.

3. Before this if I want to use the ethernet port, I will configure the IP address first and it works. But now it works even though I didn't configure the IP address, but when I configure it, it cant be ping, and it's not connected. Why?

I hope anyone could help me :)
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: Revpi Connect+ Ethernet Port

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi,

welcome to the Revolution Pi community forum.

Please share your network configuration (/etc/network/interfaces) and the output of the following two commands:
  • ip address show
  • ip route show

Nicolai
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: Revpi Connect+ Ethernet Port

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello, please have a look here: Maybe this could help you viewtopic.php?p=8073&hilit=default+route#p8073