Run Pictory without Internet Connection

Rund um die Software von Revolution Pi
LEOMENA
Answers: 0

Run Pictory without Internet Connection

Post by LEOMENA »

Hy Everyone and Anyone who could help me!!

I have the Revpi running at a remote location without Internet access. And I need to run Pictory to work on the configuration setup. How do I get it to run??? I need to do this using the regular HMI Interface screen and keyboard.

Thanks
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: Run Pictory without Internet Connection

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi LEOMENA,

no problem you can access pictory without internet access or in your case directly on device. Just open the local web browser and use the hostname of your revolution pi as address (usually something like revpi12345).

Nicolai
LEOMENA
Answers: 0

Re: Run Pictory without Internet Connection

Post by LEOMENA »

Nicolai,

Thanks Again!..

BTW, I will resume our discussion about the Modbus RTU communications issue. Please let me know if I should start a new post for this (or if you want, create a new thread or case yourself, when you are replying to me).
Let's recap:
My Application (REVPI Connect +) has the Revpi using the RS485 port to slave a Temp PID controller using Modbus RTU (No option for TCP).

We do communicate fine, but over some time the system running, it randomly communications (comms) break and to regain access we need to reset the driver almost all the times and many times also reboot or cycle power to the Revpi
We have the following setup : (Connect+) + (AIO) + (DIO) + (Modbus RTU Master).
Again, they work fine until the comms stop working (randomly).

I deleted and am not using Nodered right now, although in my next stage (soon) I will use Nodered as I need access over a Phone App. and from outside the LAN.
I have reviewed my code and although I do a lot of threading I believe I am managing it well. Other than that I dont know what to do to keep this from happening..

Again, Thanks for your valuable help!!