regular Teamviewer on RevPi

Topics about TeamViewer-RevPi
joshnn
Answers: 0

regular Teamviewer on RevPi

Post by joshnn »

Hi Kunbus team,

I am trying to setup the same runtime environment on RevPi connect+ 32GB as what we setup on Raspberry Pi and got stuck at installing a regular Teamviewer. Teamviewer IoT came up and running but this edition does not provide remote login over the Internet or I may be wrong. Is there a way to login to the device remotely and perform online update whenever needed, without utilizing another device in the same local network as an edge gateway? Please advise.

Josh
mircea_c
Official 3rd Party Support TeamViewer

Re: regular Teamviewer on RevPi

Post by mircea_c »

Hi joshnn,

Sorry for the late reply.
Could you give us more details about what is missing on the RevPI?
It is about "Remote Terminal"(SSH) feature that is active on the Rasp?
Thank you,
joshnn

Post by joshnn »

Hi mircer_a,

Thank you for the reply.

RE: ssh to RevPi that works as long as you are in the same network as the device.

When RevPi is on its own at a customer site and is hooked up to customer's router we have no way to login to the device unless they allow to change the firewall configuration, that typically does not occur.

That's when (regular) TeamViewer comes in, when the device is made available from the Internet with desktop or a terminal in Teamviewer client.

Teamviewer IoT was installed fine on RevPi and made the device portal visible on Teamviewer portal website. But it does not allow invoking low level package manager such as apt or git to update the device dynamically, as far as I could tell with limited hands-on. I tried installing regular Teamviewer instead of IoT version which somehow didn't work (builtin OS does not certify this particular configuration?)

Do I overlook something important that comes with Teamviewer IoT or about the install procedure of Teamviewer?

Best,
- Josh
joshnn

Post by joshnn »

Small update, I was successful installing Teamviewer Host on Rev Pi and got it setup with business account. Unattended access without depending on other device is achieved.

Now I tried 'startx' to get to the desktop but after showing the following app snapshot neither keyboard nor mouse is responding. Do I need to install device drivers as the additional setup and if so how?
RevPi-Teamviewer.png
RevPi-Teamviewer.png (189.32 KiB) Viewed 13982 times
Best,
- Josh
mircea_c
Official 3rd Party Support TeamViewer

Post by mircea_c »

Hello joshnn,
You do not need to install the Host Module to have access to SSH.
You need only TeamViewer Iot Agent on the Rev PI.
By default, the Remote Terminal(SSH) feature is disabled on the IoT agent on Rev PI.
To enable it, you need to have root rights on the device and edit the file "global.conf" which should be located in /var/lib/teamviewer-iot-agent
Change the parameter to 1 in "EnableRemoteShell". Save the file and then restart the device.
The Customer will not need to open specified port for SSH because now, you have access to the terminal by using TeamViewer Secure Infrastructure.

Regards,
Mircea
joshnn

Post by joshnn »

Thank you Mircea, it worked! I could not find EnableRemoteShell entry in global.conf so I added it. Then Remote Terminal tab appears at the top.
enableremotessh.png
enableremotessh.png (7.37 KiB) Viewed 13961 times
TemoteTerminal_1.png
TemoteTerminal_1.png (11.77 KiB) Viewed 13961 times
haris-bukhari

Post by haris-bukhari »

I am able to access the RevPi Connect usnig teamviewer however i am facing some problems:
1. i need to log in and setup the RevPi each time i login and need to add to trusted devices from team viewer each time ( maybe because i didn't do ssl certificates etc yet)
2. Unfortunately i am never able to save my startconfig from the pictory when using it through teamviewer, i have no clue why is that so. Please help
3. No matter what display i choose in RemoteScreenChannels i am never able to obtain a display or gain control

Code: Select all

sudo teamviewer-iot-agent configure set set -p [strng] RemoteScreenChannels "X11:0.pi"
result from 'w'

Code: Select all

12:11:47 up  2:28,  2 users,  load average: 2.65, 2.66, 2.73
USER     TTY      FROM             LOGIN@   IDLE   JCPU   PCPU WHAT
pi       pts/0    169.254.27.139   09:48    3.00s  0.58s  0.02s w
pi       tty7     :0               10:00    2:27m  2.83s  0.16s /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE-pi -e LXDE
Screenshot 2023-05-08 120453.png
Screenshot 2023-05-08 120453.png (37.69 KiB) Viewed 6084 times