This is great - put a link on the site? Or English site?

Moderator: RevPiModIO

Kiobod
Answers: 0

This is great - put a link on the site? Or English site?

Post by Kiobod »

Hello all,

My small integration company started using Kunbus hardware over a year and a half ago. We've been supporting our own (much lower quality) versions of revpi comms for python.

I just easily replaced my own hacky nonsense with the very clean implementation of RevPiModIO. My tiny complaint - how come I didn't find out about this sooner? This is a great tool, and IMHO deserves some page real estate on the rev pi website. Making the python->rev pi bridge easy and seamless is a big win! Maybe its easier to find on the German site, if so, how much more important to tell us lazy Americans that we don't even have to build our own python comms!

Sincere thanks to the minds behind the module. Kunbus modules are just getting better and better,

Kiobod
RevPiModIO
KUNBUS
Answers: 0

Re: This is great - put a link on the site? Or English site?

Post by RevPiModIO »

Hi Kiobod!

Thank you VEEEERY much for the praise! :D

I developed the module for all Python lovers and spent a lot of time optimizing the code. I've already heard from many that it even influenced the choice for the Revolution Pi.

It would be nice if the Kunbus at least put a note in their tutorials. I think many would find the module faster and save a lot of work.
It is a community project for which the Kunbus is not responsible and of course only limited or no direct support can provide. But here we can all help!

Best regards, Sven
python3-RevPiModIO - https://revpimodio.org/ || Der RevPi ist das Beste, was passieren konnte!