RevPi Connect+ as Profinet device

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
mar_devSPS
Answers: 0

RevPi Connect+ as Profinet device

Post by mar_devSPS »

Hello RevPi Community,

i have bought the Revpi Connect+ and the regarding license for Codesys for Raspberry Pi MC.
For my project the RevPi should interact as a Profinet client device to a superior Profinet master.
I have chosen the RevPi Connect because of the second RJ45-Port to use it simultaneously in an IT- and Profinet-Network.

My Problem is that i can not find a gsd-File for the Revpi Connect module only for the PN Gateway, so i can not bind the RevPi as Profinet device in codesys.

Is it possible at all to use the RevPi Connect as a PN Client without using a gateway or is the gateway necessary?

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards
mar_devSPS
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: RevPi Connect+ as Profinet device

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi,

I'm not a CODESYS export, but maybe this tutorial can be helpful to you: http://soup01.com/en/2022/02/15/codesysusing-pi4-as-a-profinet-device/

-Nicolai
mar_devSPS

Post by mar_devSPS »

Sorry I am new to PN as well as Codesys and I still can not connect the RevPi to the Profinet master.
When I click on "scan for devices" on the PN_Controller in Codesys I am getting the error on the picture.
PN_1.PNG
PN_1.PNG (112.16 KiB) Viewed 7526 times
I think the problem is a missing GSD-file, that includes the ID number resp. Vendor-+Device-ID.

Is there any solution or am i doing something completely wrong?
Attachments
PN_2.PNG
PN_2.PNG (63.4 KiB) Viewed 7526 times
mar_devSPS

Post by mar_devSPS »

[SOLVED]
The Problem was a wrong firewall configuration (as stated in the error message) of the PN-Controller in the Soft-PLC from Codesys on Windows.
Not all programms from Codesys were allowed (especially CODESYSControlWinSysTray.exe), so the Soft PLC was blocked and could not get the PN connection to the RevPi.

Maybe this will help someone facing the same issues.
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Post by nicolaiB »

Thanks for letting us know your solution.

-Nicolai
panda78

Post by panda78 »

I think this is a fantastic article, and I really appreciate you letting me know about it. That is precisely what I had hoped to find, and I really hope that you will keep sharing content that is of such high quality in the years to come.