Revpi Connect S - eth0 & eth1

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
fabry
Answers: 0

Revpi Connect S - eth0 & eth1

Post by fabry »

Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with the ethernet connections on the revpi connect S. I am using a standard raspbian image, I would use yours, I am sure they work just great but then I would have to re build all my cross compilation tools and this is sadly time I cannot spend right now. Eth0 and eth1 are showing up but they share the same mac adress and network behaviour is chaotic: sometimes dhcp works some time it fails. If I disable eth1, everything works great. So here's my question: could you provide the procedure to set up eth1 from scratch, I have been digging a round a bit in the udev rules in your image but no luck so far.
Thanks a lot!
Fred
giuseppe
KUNBUS
Answers: 0

Re: Revpi Connect S - eth0 & eth1

Post by giuseppe »

Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to reconfigure it now, but you could use a USB to ETH adapter as a workaround.

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: Revpi Connect S - eth0 & eth1

Post by nicolaiB »

The mac addresses are configured via device tree parameters and are used by our dtoverlays: https://github.com/RevolutionPi/linux/b ... #L291-L294

In order to use this you can use or kernel or build your own overlays. The configuration of the mac address is done in /boot/config.txt (see our image for more details).

Nicolai