What type of Inputs are on the DI module? Do they source or sink current?

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
bmckean
Answers: 0

What type of Inputs are on the DI module? Do they source or sink current?

Post by bmckean »

Hello,

I'm troubleshooting a new RevPi Connect+ system with an AIO and a DI module. The AIO readings are working fine but all the DI inputs are reading as 0 (with piTest). The input module was wired to source current (0v for on, 24v for off) but I can't find any documentation confirming this is the correct wiring.

Can anyone confirm if the inputs source or sink current? Or point me to documentation on the matter?

Not sure if it's related but we've also noticed that the PWR LED on the Connect+ occasionally goes red briefly before returning to green. This seems to indicate a PIControl driver reset but I'm not sure if this is normal operation as the AIO module is working fine.

Thanks in advance
giuseppe
KUNBUS
Answers: 0

Re: What type of Inputs are on the DI module? Do they source or sink current?

Post by giuseppe »

Hello,
The input module was wired to source current (0v for on, 24v for off) but I can't find any documentation confirming this is the correct wiring.
The module is for 24 V compatible according to EN 61131-2 with type 2 and 2 sensors. It’s means 0 V ----> off, 24 V ---->on.
1.png
1.png (45.91 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
Can anyone confirm if the inputs source or sink current? Or point me to documentation on the matter?
The inputs are configured as current-sinking.

You can find a Datasheet of the DI-Modul by clicking of this Link: https://revolutionpi.com/download/1438/ ... 1667397013
2.png
2.png (48.43 KiB) Viewed 1165 times
Not sure if it's related, but we've also noticed that the PWR LED on the Connect+ occasionally goes red briefly before returning to green. This seems to indicate a PIControl driver reset but I'm not sure if this is normal operation as the AIO module is working fine.
Exactly, sometime after doing a configuration in PiCtory and making a reset driver, the PWR LED on the Connect+ occasionally goes red briefly before returning to green. It’s fine.

Best Regards

Giuseppe Pagano