How to have more than 5 expansion modules

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
kjkoster
Answers: 2

How to have more than 5 expansion modules

Post by kjkoster »

Dear All,

I am curious how I can have more than five expansion modules. In one system I have five now and I expect to need to add a sixth. How would I do that, please?

Kees Jan
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 8

Re: How to have more than 5 expansion modules

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Kees,

if you have a RevPi Core you can just add more modules on the other side (5 per pibridge).

Depending on your use case it might be possible to add more than 5 modules per side, but this isn't something we can support. With each module the cycle time will increase.

Nicolai
kjkoster

Post by kjkoster »

Dear Nicolai,

I have the RevPi Connect+. Last time I tried to add modules to the right it balked with an error (though I don't recall the error). Should I try again?

Kees Jan
pi_admin
Administrator
Answers: 1

Post by pi_admin »

kjkoster wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 17:10 Dear Nicolai,

I have the RevPi Connect+. Last time I tried to add modules to the right it balked with an error (though I don't recall the error). Should I try again?

Kees Jan
The right side of a RevPi Connect(+) is the so-called ConBridge side. On this side you can only add Con Modules (M-Bus, M-Bus VHP and Canbus). This side is limited to one device. If you want to add an IO-module (such as RevPi DIO) you need to add it to the left side (PiBridge side).
kjkoster

Post by kjkoster »

Dear pi_admin,

Ah, that makes it clear. Thank you! That also explains why I have to build out to the left from the Connect+, which I found everyone around me finds really, really weird. :-)

Kees Jan