Revpi Core 3 unable to boot

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
bhuvanchandradv
Answers: 0

Revpi Core 3 unable to boot

Post by bhuvanchandradv »

Hello,
We bought a new Revpi Core 3 recently from digikey Japan. As per my previous experience with Revpi devices, on power ON the factory programmed OS should boot and when connected to local network we should see the Revpi Core 3 device. But this device there is no link up on the ethernet, no led's are on on the ethernet connector, only the power LED is ON. I searched for any known issues in the forum and came across one post which mentions that it could be caused due to rpi cm3 module coming out of SODIMM connector due to extreme vibrations during shipping. I quickly opened the case to verify that, but seems on the latest Revpi Core 3 devices the SoM's are locked with glue, so the CM3 module is in-place and intact, no issues with that. I connected back the cover and tried installing the image available via kunbus shop. Clone latest usboot and build it and ran # ./rpiboot, to my surprise it also fails. I did some search in the usbboot github issues and found that some users are facing some issues with usbboot, but it works after a while, for me it never works. I tried changing the USB cables too. The power supply I used in meanwell AC-DC 24V out.
bhuvanchandradv

Re: Revpi Core 3 unable to boot

Post by bhuvanchandradv »

any idea on what I should do to recover the Revpi Core3 ? RMA ?
User Name

Re: Revpi Core 3 unable to boot

Post by User Name »

I'm having the same issue. Any help is appreciated.