RevPi Nodes - multiple input node becomes unavailable

ch4mploo
Answers: 0

RevPi Nodes - multiple input node becomes unavailable

Post by ch4mploo »

Hi, recently after updating RevPi nodes to version 1.0.6, I noticed that the multiple input no longer appear. At first, I tried to reinstall and update Node RED and check again, but the node is still missing. Out of curiosity, I tried to check the source code of the node, here I noticed something different in the file revpi-nodes.html.
revpi-multiple-input
revpi-multiple-input
revpi nodes.PNG (39.72 KiB) Viewed 5081 times
revpi-single-input
revpi-single-input
revpi node 2.PNG (40.05 KiB) Viewed 5081 times

Basically, for RED.nodes.registerType(), it looks like the second argument is an object, consisting all the properties of a particular node type. What I have noticed is that for revpi-multiple-input, it is not written in Javascript object format, but it is written in JSON format, as all the keys are wrapped in single quote, as compared to other node type, such as revpi-single-input, which is written in normal object format.

Not sure if this is done intentionally, or it is the cause of this issue. Hope to get updated soon.

Thanks.
lukas
Expert

Re: RevPi Nodes - multiple input node becomes unavailable

Post by lukas »

Which browser did you use? The one which is pre-installed on our image (epiphany-browser) is unfortunately incompatible with the RevPi nodes. If you want to access node-red on the RevPi itself, we recommend that you install chromium-browser. However, this will occupy an additional 270 MByte on the eMMC:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install chromium-browser
sudo dpkg -r epiphany-browser epiphany-browser-data
sudo dpkg -r libwebkitgtk-3.0-0 libjavascriptcoregtk-3.0-0
sudo apt-get clean
To report bugs with the RevPi nodes, please consider opening an issue on GitHub:

https://github.com/erminas/node-red-con ... des/issues
ch4mploo

Post by ch4mploo »

I access Node RED on RevPi through my own PC, using the IP address. I am using Google Chrome on my PC. This problem does not happen until I have updated the RevPi nodes.
Last edited by ch4mploo on 06 Jul 2020, 09:59, edited 1 time in total.
jgerlach-erminas
Official 3rd Party Support Erminas

Post by jgerlach-erminas »

Hi,

thanks for reporting the issue. Could you check the version of your installed noderedrevpinodes-server?

dpkg -l | grep noderedrevpinodes-server
If the server is already the newest version (1.0.1) or the problem persists after an update (sudo apt install noderedrevpinodes-server), try adding a log output here:

cat /usr/share/noderedrevpinodes-server/revpi-server.log

Greetings,
Jonas