USE OF REVPIPYLOAD TO LAUNCH PYTHON PROGRAM ON STARTUP

Moderator: RevPiModIO

LEOMENA
Answers: 0

USE OF REVPIPYLOAD TO LAUNCH PYTHON PROGRAM ON STARTUP

Post by LEOMENA »

Hi Everyone,
I am new to Revpipyload, and I was told that I could use the service to launch my python program right after my Revpi Connect starts up.

I followed what I though was the right procedure to do it and configured revpipyload.conf file and changed the configuration per my needs as follows, but I get nothing: My Python is not launched. Please point out my problems so that I can achieve the results I want.

For clarification purposes my program is developed on TKINTER, and my Connect starts the GUI by default. Maybe this is what is wrong??

My revpipyload.conf file follows (ONLY the DEFAULT section), I did not modify the other sections.

autoreload = 1
autoreloaddelay = 15
autostart = 1
plcworkdir = /home/pi/Documents/PROGRAMS/TKINTER/GMCO/VERSION17
plcworkdir_set_uid = 1
plcprogram = GMCO17.py
plcprogram_watchdog = 0
plcarguments =
plcuid = 1000
plcgid = 1000
pythonversion = 3
replace_ios = /etc/revpipyload/replace_ios.conf
reset_driver_action = 2
rtlevel = 0
zeroonerror = 1
zeroonexit = 0

Thanks in advance...
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: USE OF REVPIPYLOAD TO LAUNCH PYTHON PROGRAM ON STARTUP

Post by nicolaiB »

Hello LEOMENA,

as you already pointed out the problem is very likely the fact, that your program needs the graphical environment. The revpipyload is designed to run your program in background as a system service which is completly decoupled from the session which is started by the graphical environment. Maybe you could start your program by using the autostart functionality of your window manager. An example can be found here https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/ho ... -autostart

BR Nicolai
LEOMENA
Answers: 0

Re: USE OF REVPIPYLOAD TO LAUNCH PYTHON PROGRAM ON STARTUP

Post by LEOMENA »

Nicolai,
Thanks so much for your input.. I will give it a try! And will be back to you on the results.